Whilst in private ownership for the past 25-years, this 514Ha game farm is a secluded inner farm, located roughly 320km from Pretoria and 100km from Thabazimbi on the banks of the Matlabas river in the Limpopo Province.
Topography is mainly flat with typical sweetveld grazing enhanced by beautiful Camelthorn trees and thick sandy terrain under foot.
Although the Matlabas River does not retain its water throughout the year in certain sections such as this area, the more than 1km river frontage remains a magical attraction for humans as well as animals, attracting frequent visits from a wide spectrum of mammals, reptiles, and predators alike. The unmistakable call of fish-eagles announces their presence too, creating a haven to be enjoyed as only mother nature can provide.
Infrastructure is neat and in good condition, including the following:
• Open plan lounge/dining room area with built-in fireplace/braai
• 2 x Bedrooms (downstairs)
• 1½ x Bathroom
• 1 x Outside shower
• Large open plan upstairs loft that can easily sleep 6 (or more depending on bed configuration)
• Outside dining area with patio / braai / fire pit
• Swimming pool
TENTED HUNTER’S CAMP:
• Communal kitchen/dining area (thatched roof with open sides)
• 2 x Tents with additional shade covers (each sleeping four, pitched on large wooden decks)
• Open-air ablution facility with toilet, shower, etc.
• Firepit / braai area
• Old farmhouse (used as a store, the roof needs repairing)
• Carports (used as a storeroom for feed)
• Large steel-structured open store with slaughter facilities and cold room
• Smaller storerooms for tools, etc.
• Worker’s accommodation
GAME & FENCING:
Fully game fenced and the following game (estimated no’s) are included in the asking price:
• 120 x Impala
• 10 x Giraffe
• 30 x Kudu
• 40 x Blue Wildebeest
• 30 x Gemsbok
• 20 x Waterbuck
• 5 x Red Hartebeest
• 17 x Zebra
• 13 x Blesbok
• Loads of smaller game such as bushbuck, duiker, steenbok, warthog, etc.
Apart from the Matlabas River on the Western boundary, water is provided as follows:
• 2 x Sand-points in the riverbed
• 1 x Borehole
• Numerous water troughs with remote ball valve controls have been built throughout the farm
Included in the asking price are all the game & loose assets such as:
• Furniture & appliances
• Ford 4000 tractor
• Kawasaki quad
• Trailers consisting of water trailer, fire fighter, open trailer, etc.
• Various power tools
There is 1 x title deed, registered in a company that is VAT registered. Seller will prefer to retain company but is willing to negotiate in this regard. (VAT excluded from asking price if applicable)
PLEASE NOTE: Summer pictures provided by owner to us as we visited the farm in the dry winter months