A mere 25km from Port Alfred and on the banks of the Kowie River lies this beautiful 1134Ha game and irrigation farm that forms part of a larger 45 000Ha conservation area.
A true jewel for spectacular sightseeing offering a wide natural spectrum that includes large yellow-wood trees, a wide variety of aloes and even cycads whilst an astonishing birdlife including the daily presence of fish eagles as well as crowned eagles.
Ample natural water with more than 530 000m³ of registered water-rights and 2 x large storage dams that have never been without water since way back in 1986 when they were built here. Water certificates and PH test results are available ensuring ideal opportunities for macadamia, avocado, dragon-fruit or even berries to be planted.
Building Infrastructure consist of:
• Lounge, dining-room and kitchen with pantry
• 4 x Bedrooms
• 2 x Bathrooms
• Swimming pool (old)
• Tennis courts (old)
• Newly renovated flatlet
• Office with bathroom (could serve as cottage)
• Neat garden (lit at night)
• Large stores and outer buildings
• Lounge, dining-room and kitchen
• 4 x Bedrooms
• 2 x Bathrooms
• Garden with LED lights
• Fully equipped gym (garage area)
• 46km of roads
• 5 x Worker’s houses
• Cattle handing facilities
• Shooting range with targets on 25, 100, 200 & 300m
• 2 x Stores
• Water cribs and cement bridges crossing the various water streams
• Just more than 6Ha of Beaumont nut trees (10-years old)
Security on this farm has not been overlooked and it features amongst other also the following:
• Both residences have been fully fenced with 2,4m electrified game fencing.
• Sliding gates
• Full CCTV monitoring consisting of 16 x cameras at the main house and 9 x cameras at the 2nd house.
• Linked armed response with 24/7 standby (incl. panic and remote control).
• All surrounding entry routes into the immediate area are monitored / controlled by LPR (License plate recognition) cameras.
• Comprehensive game fence with CAE certification.
Eskom power is reticulated via 3-phase connections whilst the availability of electricity near both dams and the section of river contribute towards the ease of operation.
The following camps have been erected with new 2,4m game fence and predator-proof bottom section:
• 1 x 18Ha (Smutsvinger / Rhodes / Kikuyu planted)
• 1 x 19Ha (Smutsvinger / Rhodes / Kikuyu planted)
• 1 x 76Ha (Smutsvinger / Rhodes / Kikuyu planted)
• 1 x 31Ha
• 1 x 3.3Ha (New game drop-off camp)
• 1 x 2.9Ha
• 2 x 55Ha
• 1 x 30Ha
LOOSE ASSETS & GAME INCLUDED
• 1 x Fiat 980 tractor (4×4)
• 1 x Large trailer (for tractor)
• Various implements incl. 600Lt Jacto sprayer
• 20 x Reedbuck
• 14 x Kudu
• 9 x Eland
• 5 x Gemsbok
• 15 x Buffalo
• 100 x Waterbuck
• 200 x Impala (quite a few 24”+ males)
• 50 x Bushbuck
• 15 x Nyala
• 2 x Giraffe
• 20 x Sable
• 20 x Red Hartebeest
• 6 x Zebra
• Various other small game such as duiker, warthog, bushpig, etc.
1 x Solar equipped borehole for domestic supply – never tested or certified.
There are 4 x title deeds registered in a company that is also VAT registered.