80Ha with 40Ha Water-rights!
Once frequently visited by tour groups and sight seekers, this farm used to be one of the most talked-about fruit / vineyard farms in the area. Rich in history and absolutely screaming with huge potential to the right buyer out there to restore this once glamourized environment to its full potential as international commitments combined with aging parents sadly prevent the current owners to continue on this historical journey any longer.
The possibilities are endless as this development also lends itself perfectly for bed & breakfast type accommodation ideally situated en-route between Modimolle & Polokwane.
Main house of just over 600m² situated in beautiful garden with a large enclosed verandah area as well as a smaller open verandah to the side. This house has:
• 5 bedrooms
• 2½ bathrooms
• TV room
• Dining room
• Kitchen, scullery with built-in pantry
• Additional workroom
• Office or study
• Entertainment area
• Attached carport
The main house has a 2m high security fence with an electric motor access gate. The garden is landscaped & under irrigation. Large cycads are well established in the garden as well as various species of rare flowers and plants.
Adjacent / nearby outbuildings consisting of:
• Butchery complete with processing room and walk-in refrigerator
• Large chemical store / workshop
• Outside bathroom, storeroom and toilet
• Huge (159m²) fruit packaging store complete with mechanical conveyor belt and boxing system, air-conditioners with compressor, office, cooling room, kitchen, wash-up area, storeroom and ablution facilities
Further storage areas measuring ± 50m² consisting of fertilizer room, small shop, inspection room and storeroom.
Additional face-brick building offers 4 toilets / ablution facility next to nursery area.
A 2nd house measuring around 380m² features the following:
• 5 bedrooms
• 3 bathrooms
• Open plan kitchen and dining room
• garage & 2 storerooms
Staff housing (± 300m²) comprises of 20 rooms, equipped with electricity and ablution area with showers and wash-up facility.
Land – 80Ha consisting of:
• 10Ha that are planted to varieties of Prime, Black Ronel, Black Emperior, “Tirrobella”, Crimson and Red Globe table grape cultivars but unfortunately 8.5 ha of these have been destroyed in a fire during 2012, with only some of the rootstocks available.
• 1Ha vineyard planted with “Tirrobella” remained. The vineyards are separately fenced with game fencing in total of 2.8 km.
• 0.5Ha is planted with around 330 strelitzia plants to be sold commercially.
• 16Ha are equipped with an irrigation system – this include the fruit orchards.
• There are 4 cattle kraals with loading facilities, neck clamps and spraying facilities.
• 4.5Ha is utilised for sheep grazing camps. These include 9 camps with planted grazing and another 4 camps with natural grazing. The camps are enclosed with normal cattle fencing.
• 1Ha of fruit orchards include fig, mango, avocado and peach trees. All separately fenced in.
• 5Ha land is equipped with an irrigation system but not currently utilised.
• 8km of the boundary fence is game fenced which, approximately 2 – 2.5 m high with 22 strands.
• The plant nursery and ablution facilities are also fenced with security fencing and 3 sliding gates. The owner has cultivated various rare species of amaryllis, indigenous trees, cycads and strelitzia plants.
• 14 x boreholes in total of which 6 are currently equipped.